Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Just Put Yourself In The Best Situations Possible

Ok, this is going to take a bit of effort to put myself in the mindset of myself 2 or 3 years ago, but here goes. For most of my teenage years and early twenties, I experienced living in a situation so hellish and grating on my soul, it was frightening. Just pure negativity all round. Negative society. Negative friends, people etc etc. The external has a HUUUUGE impact on a person´s experience, in my subjective opinion, unless your "inner thing" is so solid that it cant be swayed. But I think that for most people, this is the case.

The trick that I found was to stop fighting so hard to "fix" the terrible environment that surrounded me, and to just throw my hands up in the air and say "Screw it! Screw you guys and your crap. I´m gonna find an environment that suits my soul. An environment that doesn´t try and break me everyday". I remember trying sooo hard everyday to try and "fix" the world around me, but just when I thought I had won a small victory, the reality of the overwhelming momentum of the larger situation would just slap me across the face from the other direction. It was like trying to hold sand as it slipped through my fingers. Reality is a hard thing to reckon with. With all your good, idealistic intentions at heart, brutal reality will be brutal reality.

So I upped and moved. First of all I researched like hell to find a job that best suited me. This is the hardest part. Wading through the crappy options can take years. It did for me anyway. I am gonna spend the next 50 years working so I wanted to get this right. A lot of people just seem to jump on the tracks and off they go. I like to sit and get philosophical about it. You need a hustle in life. Pure and simple. Just find the one that isn´t going to break your back, and soul. A job that you kinda jump out of bed to do.

For me it was English teaching as a foreign language. I love experiencing new ways of life and culture, and travel, and this job allowed me to do this. I could travel to any number of countries around the world and find an abundance of work. It´s not my TRUE passion and the money isn´t THAT great. Improving myself and experiencing real happiness is my TRUE passion. But this was a step in the right direction. It´s a nice little carrier job that allows me to travel and follow my true passion as a side hobby. And where did this job take me? Madrid, Spain. Not a bad place to be at all. Coming from a small village with two pubs and a shop. This was pure heaven. The secret? Just plop yourself somewhere where you´re wanted. Where you´re in demand. Whatever your passion may be. Just put yourself in a situation where things are gonna start happening. It takes a bit of courage to make the leap, but the pay off is definately worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment